You Told Me 70 Percent Of The Job Has Been Done – Fubara Blasts Commissioner Over School Project

J

Justina Otio

Siminalayi-Fubara-1-300x162.jpg

The Governor of Rivers State, Siminalayi Fubara has condemned the slow pace of work by contractors handling the total reconstruction of structures and landscaping at the Okrika Grammar School, in the Okrika Local Government Area of the state.​

He wondered why the education commissioner had informed him wrongly that 70 per cent of the work has been completed.

Fubara fumed that what he could see was far below the percentage that was given.

He expressed his disappointment when he visited the project site on Monday.

Speaking via a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Nelson Chukwudi, on Monday, the visibly angry governor said he would summon a meeting with the contractors immediately to read the riot act to them.

He stressed strict compliance with project specifications and timelines that were mutually agreed upon.

He said, “I have heard several reports from the Commissioner for Education, giving me updates, and I felt this is my constituency, so, I should visit.

“As a matter of fact, Okrika is dear to me, so I need to see for myself the extent of work done and the standard delivered too

“My assessment: I need to be very raw: I am not satisfied. That is the truth.

“The commissioner gave me the impression that 70 per cent of the job has been done, but from what I am seeing here, I need to take over the supervision of this project to make sure I give my people a standard grammar school again.”

Fubara said the project of revamping the school focused on remodelling the once foremost secondary school in the state.

The post You Told Me 70 Percent Of The Job Has Been Done – Fubara Blasts Commissioner Over School Project appeared first on Naija News.

Back